Daniel Walton - Labour Candidate for Police & Crime Commissioner for West Mercia
As your police and crime commissioner for West Mercia I will:
- Demand the government gives the police the funds they need - The Tories claim they have protected the police service. This is just not true. West Mercia is one of the poorest funded Police areas in the country. The government is cutting the budget by £600,000 taking officers off the beat. Don’t let a Conservative Commissioner join the Tory councils across West Mercia in cutting public services.
- Put victims first - Victims must be confident that when they report a crime it will be investigated. Over the last five years police numbers across West Mercia have dropped by 18% and half the PCSOs have gone.
- Prioritise domestic violence, anti-social behaviour, and hate crime - Reports of domestic violence across West Mercia have increased by a staggering 66%. Fewer police and PCSOs on the beat will see an increase in anti-social behaviour and hate crimes.
- Encourage the police to work with other agencies - The police must have the resources to work with other agencies which protect people. Social workers, schools, faith communities and voluntary organisations all have their part to play. Working together takes time but these crucial relationships must be at the centre of the police’s work in West Mercia.
- Educate the public about online crime and abuse - Criminals will seek out every opportunity to find victims and vulnerable people for online scams or online abuse. The police have an important role in educating people to stay safe online.
THE POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION IS ALSO ON 5th MAY
ENSURE THAT YOUR FRIENDS & NEIGHBOURS UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF THIS ELECTION AND VOTE LABOUR AS THEIR 1st PREFERENCE.