The dinner was held at the Brasserie Restaurant in Kidderminster and attended by 58 members and their guests. We enjoyed good food and it was an enjoyable social occasion.
Our guest was Shabana Mahmood, MP for Birmingham Ladywood. She was congratulated on her re-election to Parliament and on obtaining one of the largest Labour majorities in the country.
Shabana emphasised in her speech the importance of understanding where Labour made mistakes and learning lessons, and emphasised why we must now be united if we are to defeat the Tories in the future. She took time to meet and have conversations with members who were inspired by what she had to say.
There were also presentations to 4 members for their long service to the Labour Party.
- Barry McFarland – Kidderminster Branch – currently on Wolverley & Cookley Parish Council
- Bill Charles – Stourport Branch – he has been election agent/organiser for many years
- Gren Jones – Bewdley Branch – will be stepping down from his role as Vice-Chair membership. He has held CLP offices over a period of many years
- Diana Udall – she was the CLP Secretary for 6 years and is currently Treasurer but will be standing down this year
All have been recognised for their long service and hard work.
Following the meal there was a raffle
Wyre Forest Raffle winners 2020
- EW (Kidderminster) – Wine Hamper
- Graham (Helen Coll) (Kidderminster) – Beer Hamper
- David Humphries (Kidderminster) – Spring Hamper
- Chris Nicholls (Kidderminster)– New Year Hamper
- Nick Yarwood (Kidderminster) -Prosseco & chocs
- Vic Yarnold (Stourport) – Wine
- Chris Jones (Bewdley) – Book
The event raised £864.